What is the secret to whiter teeth?
I have found THE perfect solution to my teeth! (and it could be yours, too) A blogger who commented on one of my posts mentioned that she used Crest 3D White Whitestrips to help whiten her teeth. At first, I was a bit hesitant about using them because I was worried that they would damage the enamel of my teeth, but apparently, Crest considers itself as an enamel safe product. On the packaging, it says “all Crest 3D White Whitestrips use the same enamel safe whitening ingredient as the dentist.” But keep in mind that Whitestrips are still acidic with hydrogen peroxide as an active ingredient and will disrupt the pH balance of the enamel.
There are actually many different Whitestrips products, depending on how many strips there are, how long it would take get the desired effect, and how strong they are at whitening teeth. I bought the Crest 3D White Luxe Professional Whitestrips from CVS Pharmacy.
There are only 3 steps to using the strips.
- Peel off the Whitestrips from the protecting plastic.
- Apply the strips with the sticky sides on the surface of your teeth.
- Remove the strips after leaving them on for 30 minutes.
In the box, there were 20 strips and we were supposed to use 1 pair of strips once a day for 30 minutes. After 2-3 days of using them, I was already seeing progress!
Although it is a bit pricier than the Whitening Lightening pen that I reviewed a while ago, I found the Crest 3D White Whitestrips to be much more effective. In other words, splurging was definitely worth it this time. I’d rather pay $30 more and actually get the effect than waste $20 and experience no changes on my teeth. Just think about it. The Whitestrips are still cheaper than a bleach treatment at the dentist’s office.
I do have to give you heads up on that you may gradually feel a bit more sensitivity and irritation in the teeth and gums the more you use the strips.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Please consult your dentist before you start using the Crest Whitestrips, especially if you are uncertain about whether or not to use them.
- Be prepared to experience from feeling discomfort.
- Although I know that Crest says that it is an enamel safe product, I took the extra precautions to make sure that I wasn’t eating any hard or acidic foods during the whole period when I was whitening my teeth. The nerves in my teeth were sensitive, so I didn’t want to risk damaging them by eating food that would make it more challenging for my teeth to break down.
- Avoid consuming sugary foods or foods high in fructose corn syrup as much as possible.
- Brush your teeth before you use the Whitestrips. Do not brush your teeth after you used the Whitestrips, because the brushing can damage the enamel.
- If your teeth feel sensitive and irritated, try drinking plenty of water (pH = 7). Apparently, it helps restore the pH balance of your teeth and gums.
- If you know that your teeth and gum are sensitive, find safer alternatives. Crest actually has its 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine for those who are more prone to sensitivity.
Have you used Crest Whitestrips before and what did you think about them? Did they help improve the appearance of your teeth?
* I was not sponsored to write about this post. I cannot 100% guarantee that the product will work for you.