Congrats to me! I feel honored to be nominated twice by fellow fashion bloggers on WordPress.
Liebster Award Rules: (Quoted from Molly’s Runway blog)
Thank the person who gave you the Liebster Award nomination and link their blog to your post.
Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
Nominate 11 bloggers for the award. The bloggers must have 200 followers or fewer.
Create 11 questions to ask your nominees.
Let your nominees know you nominated them once you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog!
The first round of questions is from the spunky Daria (thank you!). Please visit her site when you can.
1. What one sentence would you use to describe your blog? Curiosity in Style is founded by a young, quirky blogger who experiments with fashion for herself and for others.
2. What differentiates your blog from any other? I am an experimenter, so I think what makes my blog different is that a defined style has yet to be found. It’s supposed to record my fashion journey for readers to take in and for me to look back.
3. What’s your favorite fashion find of all time (currently in your closet)? My little black dress. (It was originally my pair of oxfords until it got destroyed)
4. What inspires you to blog? My passion for fashion and writing. I’ve been blogging for 8 years now.
5. And what/who inspires your personal style? Currently, Jenn Im from clothesencounters. I’ve been loving her edgy outfits for a while. I hope to incorporate some of her style in my fall looks, actually.
6. The Simpsons, Family Guy, or “Cartoons aren’t my thing…?” Um, how about Sailor Moon? Or Spongebob Squarepants?
7. Who is your favorite fashion icon (fictional, real, famous, not, whoever)? Check out here. But in short, Jenn Im, Chriselle Lim, Brooke Brumback, or Olivia Lopez. You choose.
8. On a Saturday night, would you rather bar hop in the city, attend a dinner party at a friend’s, or order take-out and stay in your jammies? Dinner with friends (when there are friends, there is fun).
9. Chicken or the Egg. What comes first? The shoes, the outfit, or the accessories (when you get dressed everyday)? The outfit all the way, man.
10. And last, but not least, what do you want to be when you grow up (and it doesn’t matter how old you are!)? What’s your dream job? I wanted to be fashion designer when I was a child…
I was also nominated by the graceful Caitlin Pomeroy of Tailored and True (please visit her blog as well), and here are her questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I needed a creative outlet so I decided to combine my two greatest passions in life: writing (blogging) and fashion.
2. What are your goals for your blog?
It’s a secret… 😉
3. What is your dream job?
4. What’s your go-to outfit when traveling?
Jeans, t-shirt, jacket of some sort because it’s always hella freezing in the airplane.
5. What’s one of your favorite beauty tricks?
Keep my face as natural as possible.
6. Who is your style icon?
7. Who is your favorite fashion designer and why?
I can’t pick. Elle Saab, Vera Wang, Marchesa, Monique Lhullier, and Kara Laricks… The first four’s designs are known for elegance and extravagance. As for Kara, I just love her unique, androgynous designs.
8. Who is your celebrity doppelgänger? I don’t think I have one…
9. What’s your favorite fun fact to share with new people? I put myself in a food coma on purpose sometimes.
10. If money were no object, what would you do?
I’d travel the world.
And here are my questions:
1. Do you have a favorite fashion fashion blogger or Youtuber of the moment?
2. Which brands do you shop from the most?
3. Forever 21 or Goodwill?
4. In a year from now, where do you see yourself with your fashion blog?
5. Do you subscribe to any online/paper magazines?
6. Is fashion an outlet or a career for you?
7. What is your current favorite fall trend?
8. What is your proudest accomplishment (that is related to your fashion blog)?
9. Who is your style crush?
10. Which country would you live if you could pick anywhere you wanted?
My Liebster nominees: